• Personally identifiable information
• Anonymous/aggregated information
• Control Of Your Information
• Legal Obligations
• Contact Us
Personally identifiable information
• name, mailing address, email address, user name, password
• demographic information (such as age and education)
• your interests and preferences
• transactional information (such as the history of your purchases or the fact that your name and address was obtained by us on a contest entry). This information is used as follows:
To provide the product, information or service you requested:
If you are a customer of one of our publications, or purchase one of our products or services, we need your name and address (postal and/or email) in order to deliver the product, information or service you requested and to follow up with you about the transaction (i.e., send a bill, notify you that your subscription is expiring, confirm you received the product etc). We may also send you further information about the publication, its offers, or other products produced under its name.
To send you information about products, information or services:
From time-to-time our magazines or web sites may make their list of customers available to other carefully screened organizations that want to let you know about a product or service that might interest you. The material to be sent to you is reviewed by us before the names and addresses are released to ensure the company is reputable and their materials are appropriate and not misleading. If you would prefer for us NOT to share your information, simply inform us (see “Contact Us” below).
Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options – not for marketing purposes.
This is information that cannot identify you personally, such as:
• Browser information (i.e. the URL of the web page you were just on, the IP address of the computer you are using, your domain type, and your browser version). Browser information is automatically recorded as part of transmitting information over the Internet. We may use it to help us display information in the best format for you.
• Advertising Reports. We may develop summary reports for advertisers, to help them better understand our audience and provide advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you. For example, we may report total number of visitors to our site in general or to specific pages, average length of visit, etc. No identifying data about individuals would be reported.
• “Clickstream” Data. During your visit to our sites, we may record choices you have made and use this to provide more customized content or advertising. The data does not identify you and is not retained after your visit. This is sometimes called “clickstream” data. If we do market research studies or polls in any area that will only be reported in aggregate, this will be indicated.
Control of Your Information
You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, information or service you requested. See “Contact Us” below.
If you subscribe to our E-mail communications we will always include an identification of the sender and an “Unsubscribe” option.
If you receive a mailing from any of the Cowboy Country Magazine’s publications and you wish to know the source of your name (i.e. what list it came from), we will make every reasonable effort to determine the source and provide you with the information. For this request, or to confirm that any personal information we may have is correct, please contact us in writing (See “Contact Us” below).
Although it is highly unlikely, Cowboy Country Magazine may be required by law to provide information to law enforcement or judicial authorities in certain cases.
We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Only authorized individuals and suppliers have access to customer information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all customer information is kept secure. We keep your information for the time we are providing you with a product or service, and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Credit card information is processed using industry-standard encryption and security. We do not collect personal information from bulletin boards or forums. However, we cannot guarantee that personal information voluntarily disclosed on message boards, discussion groups or database listings will not be collected and used by others, which may result in unsolicited messages to you from other parties.
You may contact Cowboy Country Magazine regarding privacy matters in any one of the following ways:
Mail: Cowboy Country Magazine
#1, 9301-50 St
Telephone: (780) 465-3362
Fax: (780) 448-0424