By Kendra Mah, Subscription/Circulation
Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine
This is just a nice simple joining of two vegetables that I felt would complement each other.
Serves 2 to 3
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced ½” thick
- 2 large hot house tomatoes, cut into large chunks
- (you can use cherry tomatoes cut in half as well)
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
Drizzle the olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium low heat. Place the zucchini slices in a single layer and sprinkle the herbs evenly over them. Sauté until a nice golden brown and turn each slice over. Add your diced tomatoes and minced garlic. Continue to sauté until the zucchini is golden and the tomatoes are heated through. Remove from the heat and sprinkle the mozzarella evenly over top and let it melt. Serve immediately.