By Rob and Marie Tanner, Publishers
Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ¾ cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ½ cup green pepper, chopped
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- pinch pepper
- 1 cup tex mex or shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Spray a 9″ pie plate or quiche dish well with Pam or grease dish.
In a frying pan melt butter. Sauté potatoes until brown and crusty, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with celery salt and mix well. Spread evenly into the pie plate or quiche dish. Top with mushrooms, onion and green pepper.
Whisk together eggs, milk and pepper. Pour into the pan and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes or until set.
Remove and sprinkle with cheese and bacon and serve.