By Cliff Cunningham
- lasagna noodles, as many as needed
- mozzarella cheese (desired amount)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 3 (7½ oz) cans tomato sauce
- ¼ cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
Cream Cheese Mixture:
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley flakes
Scramble-fry beef in cooking oil until brown. Add remaining ingredients to meat and simmer slowly, uncovered for 20 minutes.
Mix cream cheese with cottage cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl.
Place a layer of noodles in baking dish, spread ½ of meat sauce over noodles and then cream cheese mixture on top of that, followed by another layer of noodles, the remaining meat sauce topping it off with mozzarella cheese.
Bake uncovered at 350°F for 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.